Stemming from our involvement in the NIH's ARIC and VALIDATE studies, we have begun investigating the relationship between carotid artery flow dynamics and vascular aging. The focus will be on three-dimensional (CFD) and/or one-dimensional (wave propagation) analyses as they relate to systemic cardiovascular risk factors and image-derived vascular pathology. We are seeking a talented postdoctoral fellow to help lead this project. Qualifications include:
- MD, or PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Physiology or related area
- Broad understanding of vascular physiology and hemodynamics
- Ability to communicate with clinicians and epidemiologists.
- Some experience with medical image analysis, time-series analysis, and multivariate statistics
- Background and experience in 3D and/or 1D vascular modelling preferred.
- Ability to travel to U.S. for meetings with ARIC and VALIDATE collaborators.
To apply, please email me a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest for this position; a detailed curriculum vitae; and the names and contact information of at least three references. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.